Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wiki Reflections

After several unsuccessful attempts to get to the Wiki page I finally succeeded! I can see how an instructor could find this tool to be extremely useful. I can think of many situations that I could use it in the courses that I teach. You could have students use it to give examples of types of assessments that they might want to use to have their work evaluated or they could list the objectives that they want to learn for the course. They could use it to describe the main points of a lecture or the “muddiest” points. I originally had been concerned because I wondered about the accuracy of information being included but I wasn’t that familiar with the function of this tool at that point. I’m glad that I had the opportunity to be exposed to the Wiki page!!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

You list some valuable ideas for use of the Wiki in the classroom. Thank you also for your persistance in logging on and contributing to the Wiki.